Reading and Leeds festival is one of the biggest festivals going around in the summer for the UK (since 1961) with talent from all spectrums playing over the bank holiday weekend at Richfield Avenue (Reading) and Bramham Park (Leeds) 23rd- 25th August 2019.
Noctis have been to a lot of festivals over the summer and Reading is by far the one that is super diverse with different talents gracing 8 stages, yes you read that correctly 8 STAGES! You’ll be spoilt for choice, so to make your life that little bit easier we have gathered 5 artists you shouldn’t miss at Reading and Leeds festival 2019:
1. The Faim, the loveliest guys to grace the pop rock scene to this day. We interviewed them earlier this year and ever since then they’ve gradually been working on more new music and working towards their new album ‘State of mind’. They’ve also toured Europe, America and Australia. Talking of new music they released ‘Humans’ not too long ago. A hard working band that really care about their craft. Definitely go check them out at the BBC Radio 1 Stage on Friday 23rd August at Leeds and Sunday 25th August at Reading.
2. Loud Luxury, Canadian DJ duo formed in 2012 signed a publishing deal earlier this year with Kobalt, they’re best known for their single ‘Body’ that did amazingly well with over 650 million hits and streams and has had success worldwide hitting number one in the UK charts! They also have another banger called ‘Love No More’ and now most recently they released called ‘I’m Not Alright’. You won’t regret seeing their set! They’re playing at the BBC 1 Dance Stage on Friday 23rd August at Reading and Saturday 24th August at Leeds.
3. RØYLS, from all over the world (US & UK), new band hitting the scene but for members Sean, Drew and Liam the music scene is a familiar scene, having been in bands in the past (The Tide and Over Atlantic), working with the likes of John Feldmann who produced their song ‘Savages’. Their music is so upbeat, you can’t help but dance and celebrate with them. You can see them playing their tunes at the BBC Introducing Stage on Friday 23rd August at Reading and Saturday 24th August at Leeds.
4. Hayley Kiyoko, known as the Lesbian Jesus- she’s super open and proud of her sexuality and shows that through her music too. She’s had millions of hits on YouTube from previous big hits like ‘Girls like Girls’, ‘Curious’ and ‘what I need’ feat Kehlani. Her stage presence is something out of this world, be sure to catch her at the BBC Radio 1 Stage on Friday 23rd August at Reading and Saturday 24th August at Leeds.
5. Yungblud, we interviewed this ball of sunshine a couple of years ago and since then he’s blown in the charts and is doing so well worldwide, you’ll know him for being widely socially conscious about a whole lot of subjects it being sexual abuse, genre-bending- he expresses himself through his music. He’s deservingly playing the Main Stage on Friday 24th August at Leeds and Sunday 25th August at Reading.
Download the Reading and Leeds Festival app on your IOS and Android to keep up to date with the festival via their newsletter. If you’re not much of an app person you can sign up via the website for their newsletter on https://www.readingfestival.com/subscribe or https://www.leedsfestival.com/subscribe .